The International Network of Civil Liberties Organizations (INCLO) is committed to respecting and protecting your right to privacy.
This policy is effective as of 1 September 2018. INCLO reserves the right to update this policy at any time, and will post a notice of change to this effect on its website.
For any comments or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adherence to the principles for lawful data protection:
1. INCLO adheres to the following data protection principles:
- 1.1. Personal data shall be processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
- 1.2. Personal data shall be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes, and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes unless otherwise stated.
- 1.3. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- 1.4. Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- 1.5. Personal data shall be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed (except in respect of personal data being processed solely for archiving, scientific, historical, or statistical purposes).
- 1.6. Personal data shall be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
Collection of personal data
2. INCLO collects personal data in two ways from your use on the website:
- 2.1. Actively from you, for example: through information that you provide to us through the website.
- 2.2 Passively from you, for example: through the use of anonymous identifiers that enable us to improve our service to you. Specifically, we use Google Analytics. However, this information does not allow us to identify you personally.
3. If you are concerned about the passive collection of your personal data but wish to continue using the website, please consider downloading, among others, the Tor Browser or configuring Ghostery and uBlock Origin in your current web browser.
4. Cookies are small text files placed on your device when you browse this website. This assists us, among others, to remember your settings between visits, make improvements to the website, and enable you to share pages with social networks.
Use of personal data collected
7. The personal data provided to INCLO will be used or processed on one or more of the following legal bases:
- 7.1. On the basis of INCLO’s legitimate interests in furthering the aims of INCLO and/or its member organisations.
- 7.2. To fulfil a contractual obligation that is owed to you or others.
- 7.3. By obtaining your consent.
8. INCLO will not use your personal data in a manner inconsistent with the purposes for which you provided it.
9. INCLO does not sell, rent, or lease personal data under any circumstances.
Sharing of personal data
10. INCLO undertakes to ensure that personal data will only be transferred to or stored within jurisdictions with adequate protections for personal data, or where there are agreements in place to ensure a legally enforceable commitment to protect the personal data transferred. INCLO will further strive to ensure that any transfer, storage, or processing of personal data to or by any third parties will be subject to appropriate security safeguards.
Storage of personal data
11. INCLO takes appropriate security measures to protect personal data under its control from loss, misuse, and breach.
12. INCLO will not, in the ordinary course, store your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected, unless required by law to store it for a longer period. When it is no longer necessary to retain your data, INCLO will delete the personal data that is held about you.
13. INCLO recognises that there are risks associated with the use of any website. In the event of a data breach of the INCLO website in which your personal data has been affected, INCLO will strive to notify you within 72 hours of becoming aware of the data breach to the extent that this is feasible.
Your rights as a data subject
14. You have various rights as a data subject. These rights include:
- 14.1. The right to withdraw your consent to the ongoing processing of your personal data.
- 14.2. The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- 14.3. The right to seek information regarding what persona data is held about you.
- 14.4. The right to seek the erasure, rectification, or restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
If you have any comments or queries regarding this policy, or wish to give effect to one or more of your rights as a data subject, please contact us at email@example.com.